Turning 5 years old was a big deal for Lily! Not only was she officially "one whole hand old" on her last birthday, but that magic number brought so many changes into her life. From starting Kindergarten to starting dance to being just hours away from losing her first tooth, this little girl is rocking life at 5 years old!
Lily is one of those kids who is incredibly loving, sweet and kind, but she also has a HUGE personality. She is truly the funniest kid I know! We always joked that she was going to be the class clown and that's playing out exactly as we expected! She is an extrovert who has no problem making friends wherever she goes and she loves to entertain. Considering she has two thespian parents it's very likely that she's going to end up on stage!
Just a few weeks after turning 5, Lily started Kindergarten. We were on the fence about sending her because her birthday was just before the Kindergarten cutoff date, but we are so happy we went ahead with it. She LOVES school and is so excited to go every day. Math is her favorite and she thinks it's so cool that she's learning how to read. This little girl is thriving in Kindergarten and I don't regret our decision one bit. Her only struggle is the fact that she gets warned once or twice a week about talking in the hallway or during class! (I'm not surprised!)
Right after she started school, Lily also started dance. She was torn between gymnastics or ballet but dance ultimately won. Instead of just taking ballet, she is learning ballet, tap, jazz and acro. I had a feeling she would like it but I'm honestly surprised by just how much she loves it. I foresee many years of dance ahead of us!
Just before Lily turned 5, one of her teeth started to get wiggly. Now she has two loose teeth and the one is just hours away from falling out. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't already, but her first visit from the tooth fairy is so near. Lily's going to reach that big milestone this week! That toothless grin is always a big change and definitely a sign of how quickly they grow up!
It may be almost 2 1/2 months late, but Lily and I sat down tonight to finish her birthday interview! I took her photos on her birthday but never got the chance to share the pictures or her yearly interview. It's just a testament to how fast-paced life is these days. But better late than never!
Lily's 5 Year Interview:
Stats: 37 lbs and 45 inches
1. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue!
2. FAVORITE TOY? My Barbies.
3. FAVORITE CHARACTER? Elsa!
4. FAVORITE SUPERHERO? The one with the pink hair. In Wonder Woman.
5. FAVORITE FRUIT? Tomatoes. Never mind...Apples.
6. FAVORITE VEGETABLE? Tomatoes!
7. FAVORITE BREAKFAST? Eggs.
8. FAVORITE CEREAL? Froot Loops.
9. FAVORITE LUNCH? Mac and cheese!
10. FAVORITE DINNER? Hamburger Helper!
11. FAVORITE DRINK? Lemonade.
12. FAVORITE SNACK? Granola Bar.
13. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? The restaurant at Virginia Beach. (The Raven.)
14. FAVORITE TV SHOW? Spongebob!
15. FAVORITE MOVIE? My Little Pony.
16. FAVORITE ACTOR/ACTRESS? Jessie
17. FAVORITE SONG? Let It Go from Frozen.
18. FAVORITE SINGER/BAND? Christina Perri. She sings Jar of Hearts and Lonely!
19. FAVORITE BOOKS? Princesses. All the books with princesses.
20. FAVORITE BOOK SERIES? Ummmm...Little Charmers!
21. FAVORITE OUTFIT? My little pony shirt and colorful tutu. (From her 4 Year Interview.)
22. FAVORITE GAME? Operation.
23. FAVORITE SPORT? Penguins. (Hockey.)
24. FAVORITE ANIMAL? A panda. And a koala, too. They are both SOOOO CUTE! They are cuties.
25. FAVORITE PLACE TO GO? The zoo!
26. FAVORITE THINGS TO DO? Go play with my friends.
27. FAVORITE SUBJECT? Doing math.
28. FAVORITE STUFFED ANIMAL? My little panda.
29. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Friday! It's Friday, Friday, Friday, yeah!
30. FAVORITE MONTH? June!
31. FAVORITE SEASON? Winter! Snowing! We get to make snow angels and snowman.
32. FAVORITE HOLIDAY? Christmas.
33. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND? Charlie! And Victoria and Lily.
34. WHO DO YOU LIKE TO PLAY WITH? I like to play with Charlie!
35. WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY? Doing a funny face. It's so funny. *giggles*
36. WHAT SCARES YOU? Someone in a costume with a pretend zombie mask.
37. WHAT MAKES YOU SAD? When best friends doesn't let me play with them.
38. WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR? I wish to drive!
39. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY? I remember going to the beach!
40. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? When I grow up, I want to be a pet doctor...a vet!
41. DISLIKES? I don't like to eat ice cream cones for breakfast. NO! *giggles*
As Lily curled up on my lap tonight while I asked her the questions for her birthday interview, I couldn't help but squeeze her tight. She's growing up far too quickly for my liking. I just want to protect her innocence and sweetness, and shield her from the world. Although she may look and act so grown up these days, she will ALWAYS be my baby!