One of those traditions on our list is baking Christmas cookies together. We typically save our baking until just before Christmas, but this year we're starting a bit earlier. We're participating in a NEW tradition and teaming up with Betty Crocker to #SpreadCheer!
My husband and I are working so hard to teach our kids how important it is to spend time together as a family. We're working just as hard to show our kids how important it is to give to others. We can have fun together baking cookies, and Spread Cheer along the way!
How exactly do you spread cheer? It's easy! It's exactly like Boo-ing someone at Halloween, only with Betty Crocker cookies!
- Visit the Betty Crocker #SpreadCheer page. You can print a coupon and #SpreadCheer printables.
- Use the coupon to buy Betty Crocker Cookie Mix and bake some cookies!
- Package those cookies up and deliver them to someone who could use a little extra cheer this holiday season! Toss in those printables so that person can #SpreadCheer, too!
I'm a busy mom, and I don't have much time to spend making cookies from scratch. I kind of have my hands full with 4 kids! I love baking with my kids, though, so Betty Crocker has been a part of our Christmas Cookie Baking tradition for many years! We ALWAYS use Betty Crocker Cookie Mix, and we add our own extra ingredients. It's an inexpensive, quick, and delicious alternative to making cookies from scratch!
Over the long holiday weekend, I gathered up my crew, explained the new twist in our Christmas Cookie Baking tradition, and I put them to work!
Now...let me be completely honest. THREE of my little elves worked.
They worked really hard!
All that hard work paid off! It was so hard to resist eating those delicious Peanut Butter Blossoms and Chocolate Chip Cookies, so they were rewarded with the empty bowls to lick clean. OF COURSE!
It was a GREAT family night!
I got to bake with my kids.
Liam loved being the taste tester!
We spent some valuable family time together.
AND now we get to #SpreadCheer!
We packaged our cookies in cute cardboard holiday boxes, tossed in a printable, and added a pouch of Betty Crocker Cookie Mix. We delivered our first basket today to my dear friend, Amber!
Right after that, my parents stopped by. My mom is a baker so nobody ever bakes cookies for her. She can't say that anymore!
The second item on our Christmas Tradition bucket list is checked off and December JUST started! We're on a roll!
Now for the fun part...
One lucky reader will win a $20 gift card to Target! Betty Crocker wants YOU to join in on the fun and #SpreadCheer this holiday season!
Entering is really easy and fun! Betty Crocker wants this concept to go viral, and needs your help!
- Visit the Betty Crocker #SpreadCheer page and print out a coupon and the #SpreadCheer printable. Let me know in the blog post comments which cookie mix you will buy and who you will #SpreadCheer to. Confirm your entry on rafflecopter.
- Buy a Betty Crocker cookie mix, bake those cookies, and create a #SpreadCheer basket, box, or gift bag.
- Post an original photo on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #SpreadCheer (Bonus points for nominating a friend or two to #SpreadCheer and for tagging me in the post).
- Confirm your entry on the rafflecopter widget and leave your link in the comments of this blog post.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Who will you #SpreadCheer to? Use the hashtag #SpreadCheer on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Let's focus on giving this holiday season and make this concept go viral!
Thank you, Betty Crocker, for sponsoring today's post and inspiring my family to #SpreadCheer this holiday season!