Happy Friday! Welcome to another monthly edition of A Year of Color!
On the third Friday of each month, I co-host a monthly linkup called A Year of Color with Little Dove, Macke Monologues, and Work It Mommy. Each month focuses on one color and you can link up any post that revolves around that particular color: Fashion, Recipes, Activities for Kids, Crafts...ANYTHING is welcome! The link will be open for a month, so you can link up any time. We hope you will join us!
The color for the month of February is...
For this month, I decided to share a family favorite cookie recipe, updated with a touch of pink, and a delicious (and easy) punch recipe!
PINKTASTIC WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I can't stop eating these! They are sugar cookies full of white chocolate chips, and they are the perfect blend of sugar cookie and chocolate. SO good!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- (OR skip the above ingredients and buy a sugar cookie mix-great in a pinch!)
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the ingredients together to make your dough.
- Mix in drops of food coloring. The dough should be dark pink.
- Mix in 1 bag of white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
Bet you can't just eat one!!!
REALLY RASPBERRY PUNCH
This is such an easy punch recipe! My kids love this "fancy" drink. It's typically made with 7-Up or Ginger Ale, but we love to amp up the raspberry flavor by using raspberry flavored ginger ale!
- Raspberry Sherbet
- Raspberry Ginger Ale
- Fill punch bowl 3/4 of the way full with raspberry ginger ale.
- Drop in scoops of raspberry sherbet.
In my home, one full punch bowl usually lasts about, oh, 10 minutes!
And when we combine these two pink-alicious recipes? I end up with REALLY happy kids!
Link up your pink-themed posts all month long! Just grab the button, add it to your post, and leave your link on the widget below!
Join us next month, on St. Patrick's Day, for the next Year of Color linkup! The color is: