Summer Break is coming to a rapid end! It's hard to believe that we only have one more week of Camp Mom ahead of us. We've been having so much fun with all of these kids activities and I'm really going to miss having all of my kids at home.
This week was full of some really fun DIY kids activities! We made and enjoyed some delicious Party Pudding Pops. I found a really cute thumbprint dandelion printable and it ended up being a simple afternoon activity. We made stress balls and bouncy balls. We spent an afternoon at the pool with friends, celebrating Lily's birthday. It was a great week!
Here's a recap of all the kids activities for Camp Mom Week 9:
DIY Stress Balls - Camp Mom Day 41
- Place the end of a large funnel inside the opening of a balloon.
- Fill the funnel with flour and either shake the funnel or use a straw to push the flour inside the balloon. Fill it with as much flour as it will hold.
- Add 1-2 TBSP of water and tie the balloon.
- Knead to disperse the water.
*Using less water will make it feel more like flour while more water will give it a slime-like texture.
Party Pudding Pops - Camp Mom Day 42
My kids love popsicles! I'm fairly certain it's one of their most favorite things about Summer. We decided to make some pudding pops for our treat this week!
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Bowl and Whisk
- Popsicle Mold
- Prepare pudding according to the directions.
- Mix in the sprinkles.
- Pour into the molds.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Run warm water on the bottom of the mold when it's time to eat the pudding pops and they will slide out easily!
Homemade Bouncy Balls - Camp Mom Day 43
This idea was so easy and so much fun! It's very similar to the slime recipe I make, but has an added ingredient: GLUE!
- 1 tbsp Borax
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp white or clear school glue (they both have different finishes)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Food coloring
- A fork and bowls
- Mix Borax and warm water in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the glue, cornstarch and 2-3 drops of food coloring.
- Pour the glue solution into the Borax mixture.
- The glue solution will begin to harden immediately. Scoop the glue solution out quickly with a fork then begin to knead. If it's too sticky, dip it quickly in the Borax solution again. The substance will begin to harden as you roll it into a ball.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for each color.
The balls don't bounce very high, but they do bounce! You can store the balls in a plastic storage bag and reshape them when it's time to play.
Thumbprint Dandelions - Camp Mom Day 44
I found a really cute thumbprint dandelion printable while browsing Pinterest one day. Just search for thumbprint dandelion on Pinterest and it will show up. I knew it would be an easy craft that my girls would love!
Print out the dandelion, grab some washable paint, give each kid an ice cube tray with a different color in each section and let them go crazy! It turns out to be a really cute keepsake!
Pool Day - Camp Mom Day 45
We spent the afternoon at the pool with our friends on Lily's 5th Birthday! It was a great way to celebrate Lily's birthday and definitely the ultimate Summer activity. We all had so much fun!
It was such a fun week!
You might also like the kids activities included in these posts:
Camp Mom Week One
Camp Mom Week Two
Camp Mom Week Three
Camp Mom Week Four
Camp Mom Week Five
Camp Mom Week Six
Camp Mom Week Seven
Camp Mom Week Eight
We have a week of beach-themed activities planned for next week leading up to our trip to the beach! Here's what we'll be doing:
- Sand Dough
- Sand Slime
- Under-the-Sea Graham Crackers
- Aqua Sand
- Ocean Craft
What was your favorite kids activity this Summer?
Let's Be Friends!
Linking up for Tuesday Talk.