When Liam was born with a suspected Down syndrome birth diagnosis, so much information was thrown at us. We were told to expect significant physical delays, but Liam was on a mission to prove everybody wrong. It all began when he started rolling over at 2 weeks old! My Little Mover ended up achieving all of his milestones within a "typical" range. Although walking full time came a bit later than the norm, he did begin to cruise at 10 months and take steps without support at 17 months. By 22 months, he was a pro, and he hasn't slowed down since!
Liam's energy level exhausts me! I can usually be found running behind him or grabbing him off of something he decided to climb. My child is a daredevil! My "low energy/physically delayed child" is WAY more active than his typical siblings ever were and I can barely keep up with him!
One of my goals on this parenting journey is to encourage ALL of my children to be active. I believe it's important to teach them while they are young so staying healthy and active becomes a priority!
- Lead by example. Stay active and include your children. If you take them along with you on walks/runs throughout the week, it will become a regular activity for them!
- Encourage your children to go outside every day! We have a rule that our children must play outside for at least an hour each day (weather-permitting). If they don't, they aren't allowed any electronics.
- Go outside, even if it's raining! Put on raincoats and rainboots and splash in those puddles!
- Visit a park once or twice a week.
- Provide a wide variety of riding toys-tricycles, bicycles, scooters, toy cars and ride on toys!
- Invest in a fun video game that gets them moving. This is a great option for days when the weather is too bad to go outside.
- Plan playdates with their peers. Having a friend around always gets them moving.
- Take breaks from what you are doing to chase your kids through the house! This is one of our favorite games!
- Encourage them to play a sport or participate in a physical activity that they enjoy.
- Fill your backyard with outdoor toys that encourage movement and make time each day to play in your yard.
Although I can barely keep up with my whirlwind of a toddler, his diaper sure does! It took months of trial and error before we found a diaper that fit him perfectly and withstood hours of physical activity. Enter Huggies® Little Movers!
Huggies® Little Movers diapers truly stay in place thanks to the SnugFit waistband and Double Grip Strips! There is no sagging or bunched up sides, and thanks to the contoured shape and flexibility, Liam stays comfortable as he plays. These diapers fit him like no other!
As part of the new Huggies® Moving Baby System, Huggies® Little Movers are more absorbent due to the Leak Lock Protection, which provides up to 12 hours of protection. The DryTouch® liner absorbs on contact. Liam is able to play for hours before he has to stop for a diaper change, which is something that I, as a mom, appreciate!
I am so proud of My Little Mover! He worked tirelessly to achieve all of his milestones without complaint and I am just amazed by how much he accomplished in so little time. He doesn't let anything slow him down!
Huggies was there every step along the way!
From now until July 17th, Huggies Little Movers can be purchased for an additional $3 off with Instant Savings at Sam's Club! Diapers can be so expensive, so I love being able to save money any way I possibly can!
Huggies Little Movers, with BONUS DIAPERS, are currently available in these sizes at Sam's Club:
- Size 3 - 180 count 12 BONUS DIAPERS
- Size 4 - 168 count 20 BONUS DIAPERS
- Size 5 - 140 count 16 BONUS DIAPERS
- Size 6 - 112 count 12 BONUS DIAPERS
One of my favorite features is Club Pickup. I submit my order online, select my Sam's Club and when I arrive at the store, my order is ready to go and brought to me. As a busy mom, this saves me SO much time! There's also free shipping on Huggies Little Movers diapers if you order online! If you're not convinced yet, just check out all the other benefits to being a Sam's Club Member!
Want to win a $500 Sam's Club gift card?
Upload a photo of your Little Mover HERE for a chance to win!
My sweet Liam is a Little Mover thanks to our continuous encouragement AND he stays comfortable along the way thanks to the comfort and security of Huggies Little Movers!
Visit Sam's Club to save $3 on your pack of Huggies Little Movers and don't forget to enter the sweepstakes!!!
Thank you to Huggies for sponsoring today's post and for making a reliable diaper that keeps up with #MyLittleMover! I'm going to encourage him to reach for the stars!